Day 55 - February 9, 2013

We completed the service bulletin on the TeenFlight 1 airplane this week.  The last step was to trim the wing root skins to accommodate the extra thickness of the doubler plates on the sides of the fuselage.  There seems to be a lot of space in the hangar now.

One of the students installed the pitch and roll servos for the autopilot.  They are connected directly to the torque tubes for the stabilator and flaperons.

We finished some minor tasks around the airframe like torquing the axle nut for the nosewheel, installing cotter pins on the rudder pedal cable attach spacers, and completing the cabin heat actuator cable.


A mentor spent the day bleeding the brakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment